This post was sponsored by UncommonGoods. Thoughts and ideas are my own but I was compensated for this post. You can see my full disclosure here.
It’s that time of year again. The season of weddings, baby showers, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. Our April has been and will be pretty busy this year and I knew if I wanted to be ready I needed to get travel plans set and gifts purchased (and wrapped if I am feeling ambitious). I also really try to make gifts as personal as possible. It’s so hard but even a simple gift can have so much meaning, especially when you add a little note with these free printable notecards. I wanted to share a couple of ways to find unique gift ideas so you are ready for your next wedding or shower.
Here’s the thing about gift giving. You need to get to know the person a little before a gift can become unique. I love stocking Facebook for this. I look at their recent posts, old photos, and things they share. This gives me a little direction. I had to do this recently for a secret sister exchange at a blog conference and I have to say I am pretty excited about it!
What makes unique gift ideas?
- Something that is specific to their current situation. You can learn this through conversations or through social media posts. Maybe they just got a new job, something to celebrate that would be unique and personal.
- Personalized gifts are great wedding party gifts. Personalized gifts are more then adding a name to a cup. They can represent a place you vacationed, an anniversary reminder (get some ideas here), or represent your family. UncommonGoods is a great way to find personalized and unique gift ideas.
- It serves a purpose. One thing I loved about shopping at UncommonGoods was being able to donate to a cause at the end of checking out. The company gives you a couple of options and they will donate a dollar to them. The company focuses on sustainability as more than using recycled goods. I love that they use artists and small manufactures to find great unique products.
I have been searching for a unique Father’s Day gift my boys can give the hubs. I haven’t been to creative when it comes to these gifts. Give me a break though, we got my dad socks and underwear every year!
So when I came across this bedside pocket I knew we had to get it. We have such an awkward space and finding side tables that please both of us has been so hard! He can now slip everything into this little pocket. It has also kept us from losing the tiny AppleTV remote. I planned to take these pictures and then wrap it up for Father’s Day but of course I forgot and he saw it when he came home. Oh well!
Where to find unique gift ideas:
- Online shopping. Oh this is my favorite! I typically buy from Amazon because it ships quickly and you can find anything there. I recently used UncommonGoods for gift shopping and really love it! I can find unique gift for just about any occasion. I have Father’s Day taken care of (you can see some fun ideas here).
- Repurpose and DIY. I love a good furniture makeover but make sure that’s something they would appreciate. Some people do and some people don’t and that’s ok. It’s all about knowing the person a little more. I love to shop at thrift stores in order to decorate your home on a budget but it’s also a great way to create a one of a kind gift.
- I haven’t ordered too much from Etsy lately but it’s another good place to find gift ideas. There is a lot more to sift through so it can sometimes be overwhelming. I love the concept of being able to find artisan made products that Etsy and UncommonGoods provides.
Shopping on the UncommonGoods website was fun and easy. I wasn’t overwhelmed with too many products and it was exciting to see all the unique ideas. I was able to get a Father’s day gift, a mother’s day gift and a baby shower gift all with a few clicks. Plus I loved donating to a nonprofit as an added bonus to my shopping experience. The order shipped quickly and the products were true to the picture. Not only do they have great gift ideas but they have fun, one of a kind home decor items as well. I would order from them again.
This is probably my favorite thing on the site. I would have ordered it if I wasn’t traveling so much. When things settle down here it’s the first on my list!
Ok, back to that headboard. I am so in love with it. It’s actually the DIY pallet wall that we built for a wedding. But someone had to store it until the wedding so we turned it into a headboard for a couple of weeks.