Red painted furniture is gorgeous and can really make a statement. And red is pretty easy to work with. I say this because the very first time I used chalk paint I used a red homemade chalky finish paint. I instantly fell in love with the piece after it was done and it wasn’t a piece I even liked before (it was only $12).
Here are some fabulous pieces using red chalk paint. If you want to see the other colors in the series be sure to check out the main page!
Red Painted Furniture Ideas
Be sure to save for inspiration…
Other colors in the Color Envy – Painted Furniture by Color Series:
I thought it would be important to share some of the items I keep on hand for painting furniture. Here’s a little “shop” just for getting started! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Plaster of Paris (if you are making your own chalky finish paint.
- Paint (your choosing)
- Brushes (sponge brushes or cheap paint brushes you can just throw away)
- Disposable shop towels.
- Finishing paste (regular or dark) or wax.
Do you have a piece of furniture you’ve been dying to paint but don’t know how? Are you worried it’s going to be too much work? Do you have questions on how to get started, what you will need, and if it’s even worth the work?
Your Guide to Painting Furniture will take you through the process of finding furniture, making your own chalky finish paint, and how to use paint your furniture. Plus my tips on protecting your painted furniture, basic repairs, and tips for picking out paint colors!
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Black and Copper Furniture Makeover with D Lawless Hardware - April 13, 2018
- How to Paint Tile Using Americana Chalky Finish Paint - January 6, 2018
- DIY Pallet Headboard for a King Size Bed - December 28, 2017