Do you like your brownies ooey gooey or more like a cake? I’ve always liked moist, not completely cooked brownies myself. But I’ve been deliberate about not buying dessert mixes because I’ve been trying to lose some baby weight. The week before starting a weight loss challenge I made 3 or 4 different desserts with the excuse they were for the blog but really I just wanted to eat them before the challenge started! Here’s one of the desserts I made!
In attempt to make them better for you I used coconut oil instead of other cooking oils. This means I can eat the whole pan right? Well I didn’t but I really wanted to! I have officially been converted to cake-like brownies! The only thing that could make these brownies better would be some vanilla Blue Bell ice cream!
The clean up is pretty easy too! I use 1 bowl for mixing and I like my pan with wax paper so it requires no clean up! I am all for doing less dishes!
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil (warmed to liquid)
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- In mixing bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix until combined.
- Warm coconut oil in microwave if solid.
- Mix coconut oil, vanilla extract, and eggs into mixing bowl until powder mixture is combined.
- Use electric mixer if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until knife when inserted comes clean.
They really are so easy to make! I love making up a batch and letting the kids take them to the neighbors. They love it! And that way I don’t eat the whole pan!
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- 10 Simply Beautiful Fall Table Decor Ideas - October 2, 2017
- Easy DIY Fall Wreath Idea for Your Fall Home Decor - September 23, 2017
- Tavern Green Milk Paint with Tung Oil - July 21, 2017