Painting furniture has become a large part of my life. I love finding pieces to paint, choosing colors, and trying new paint techniques. Of all the furniture I’ve painted I can’t believe I don’t have any green painted furniture! These green pieces are inspirational.
Other colors in the Color Envy – Chalk Painted Furniture by Color Series:
Green Painted Furniture
Green is one of my favorite colors but I have never used green paint. After seeing all of these wonderful painted pieces I couldn’t believe I don’t have one! Mint green is one of my favorites but now I am leaning towards these other beautiful greens!
I thought it would be important to share some of the items I keep on hand for painting furniture. Here’s a little “shop” just for getting started! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Plaster of Paris (if you are making your own chalky finish paint.
- Paint (your choosing)
- Brushes (sponge brushes or cheap paint brushes you can just throw away)
- Disposable shop towels.
- Finishing paste (regular or dark) or wax.
Do you have a piece of furniture you’ve been dying to paint but don’t know how? Are you worried it’s going to be too much work? Do you have questions on how to get started, what you will need, and if it’s even worth the work?
Your Guide to Painting Furniture will take you through the process of finding furniture, making your own chalky finish paint, and how to use paint your furniture. Plus my tips on protecting your painted furniture, basic repairs, and tips for picking out paint colors!
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Buffalo Check Three-Legged Step Stool Makeover – No Painting Required - November 13, 2017
- 10 Simply Beautiful Fall Table Decor Ideas - October 2, 2017
- Easy DIY Fall Wreath Idea for Your Fall Home Decor - September 23, 2017