About two years ago I was looking at all the fun things my friend had painted. She was taking me room to room and telling me what color she used on a desk and how to use stain to darken the color (like using dark wax) on another piece. We got to her room and I couldn’t believe she had white bedding. I just stared and dreamed. And then I realized she had four young kids and I could barely keep my tan bedding clean with 2. What gives?
So I had to ask her how she did it. How did she have white bedding with kids (and the hubs) still in the house? Her answer? It’s actually easier!
Ok, maybe you already knew that white bedding is easier but I had no idea! I’m cleaning my bedding just as often as before but the benefits are so much better!
I’ve been in love with white bedding since I saw this master bedroom makeover from Southern Revivals. I mean come on, isn’t it fabulous?
Getting Over the Fear of White Bedding
White bedding isn’t as hard to take care of as you might think. Yes it will show everything but here are some of the reasons I love it.
- Bleach. Any time those cute chubby jam hands come in contact with my bedding I don’t jump and shout anymore. Ok, I probably do but it’s a simple fix. I just throw it in the wash with some bleach and it comes out as good as new.
- Duvet cover. Unless there’s a catastrophic spill in my bed all I have to do is take off the cover and toss it in the wash. In the words of my 4 year old: “Easy peasy.” And if I can’t get a stain out it’s much cheaper to replace a duvet cover.
- More light. I love a bright room, clean room and I just couldn’t achieve that with the bedding I had before. I either used a solid tan cover or a print cover and it was just too busy. With white bedding I am free to add a touch of color with pillows and throw blankets but bring in more light from the white bedding.
- It’s neutral. I tend to change my mind when it comes to home decor. I’m getting better about it since I learned a little trick about neutrals. Your big ticket items need to be neutral. Your bedding, your walls, your furniture. Then your accent colors will pop. Things like artwork, pillows, and other home decor items.
Do you have white bedding? Is it something you’ve wanted?
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- How to Paint Tile Using Americana Chalky Finish Paint - January 6, 2018
- DIY Pallet Headboard for a King Size Bed - December 28, 2017
- How to Use Decorative Wax to Bring Out Details - December 6, 2017