Hello! I am so excited you are here to see this series of chalk painted furniture posts! I have dreamed of doing this series for months now and thanks to these many wonderful bloggers it is coming true!
I love painted furniture. I don’t paint every piece I find but I have saved $1000s by buying thrifted furniture and giving it a coat of paint. Furniture that wouldn’t otherwise go together in the same room can with the right chalk paint!
Each color has it’s own post so if you are considering a certain color it is easy to find. And if you are looking for inspiration and ideas there are so many here! Have fun! Click on the images below to go to that post in the series.
I think I’ve said “this is my favorite color” in every post of this series! I hope you love it as much as I do! A huge thank you goes out to those who helped me put this together!
I hope you’ve enjoyed the Color Envy – Chalk Painted Furniture by Color Series as much as I have!
I thought it would be important to share some of the items I keep on hand for painting furniture. Here’s a little “shop” just for getting started! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Plaster of Paris (if you are making your own chalky finish paint.
- Paint (your choosing)
- Brushes (sponge brushes or cheap paint brushes you can just throw away)
- Disposable shop towels.
- Finishing paste (regular or dark) or wax.
Do you have a piece of furniture you’ve been dying to paint but don’t know how? Are you worried it’s going to be too much work? Do you have questions on how to get started, what you will need, and if it’s even worth the work?
Your Guide to Painting Furniture will take you through the process of finding furniture, making your own chalky finish paint, and how to use paint your furniture. Plus my tips on protecting your painted furniture, basic repairs, and tips for picking out paint colors!
Other posts you might like:
- How to make your own chalky finish paint and tips for using it.
- Do I need to sand first?
- How to protect chalk painted furniture.
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Laundry Room Design Ideas - May 19, 2017
- DIY Pallet Headboard for a King Size Bed - April 28, 2017
- Hanging Closet Organizer Ideas for Every Closet in the House - April 24, 2017