I have been compensated for this post by Hillshire Brands through the Mom it Forward Blogger Network but opinions are 100% my own. #bringhillshirehome
Do you have a go to when you really don’t want to cook but want something really really good? Mine is Hillshire Brands dinner sausage. My mom made dinner sausage in several ways and it was always great! As a mom I use it a lot too. It’s easy to add to just about any dish or as a stand alone. It’s a people pleaser and it’s already cooked so it’s a mommy pleaser too! This Chicken and Sausage Skillet with veggies was a pleaser for my family. Being a mom is hard work and eventhough I want to provide a well balanced meal for my family sometimes mac and cheese is just easier. Think about it most meats you have to thaw, cut, and cook first. That takes time I sometimes don’t have. Not to mention I have a two year old at my heels. Since this sausage is already cooked is so simple to add protein to any meal. And yes, sometimes it’s adding it to mac and cheese, don’t judge. Sometimes though I get to have a little fun. I found a coupon for several Hilshire products – did you know Hilshire Brands also included Jimmy Dean and Ball Park – mind blown. This coupon was for Safeway from the J4U online coupon center.
My coupon above has been redeemed but if you click on it you can sign up for Just 4 U and add your own coupon. The sausage isn’t the only Hillshire Brands product with a coupon. You can also find lil’ smokies, Jimmy Dean Sausage, and and Ball Park franks. My husband told me I can add this to “my list.” I guess I am supposed to be keeping tabs on what meals he likes. And my two year old ate just the sausage, go figure. I can only try for a well-balanced meal.
- 1 large chicken breast, chopped
- ½ small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 package of Hillshire Brands Smoked Sausage
- 1 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz whole grain spaghetti, broken in half
- 1.5 cans chicken broth
- Saute onion in butter until clear. Add chicken.
- When chicken is cooked add sausage and veggies.
- Cook until veggies begin to get tender.
- Add whole grain spaghetti and chicken broth.
- Simmer with lid, stir occasionally, until pasta is cooked.
See what others are doing with Hillshire Brands food!
- Mummy Dogs and this Mummy Dog too
- Pretzel Wrapped Lil’ Smokies
- Kielbasa with Apples Potatoes and Peppers
- Pesto Alfredo Tortellini with Smoked Sausage
- Smoked Sausage Penne Pasta
- Breakfast for Dinner
- Hot Dog Kabob
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Black and Copper Furniture Makeover with D Lawless Hardware - April 13, 2018
- How to Paint Tile Using Americana Chalky Finish Paint - January 6, 2018
- DIY Pallet Headboard for a King Size Bed - December 28, 2017