Candy corn is one of those fall staples that I am not a huge fan of but could probably eat a whole bag just because they are there. I wanted to get into the spirit of Halloween so I created these candy corn inspired pudding cookies. Have you made cookies with pudding before? It’s amazing and these Halloween cookies will be a crowd pleaser.
Yummy Halloween Treat Ideas
And I am one of those extremely lucky people to have met Allison in person. Our families met up at a Universal Orlando event last year. She also has a fabulous cookbook out: Sun and Sizzle (affiliate link) can be purchased on Amazon. Her cookbook would make a great Christmas gift idea too!
Candy Corn Halloween Cookies
This year my family has experimented with pudding cookie recipes. Our first recipe was Cashew Lemon Pudding Cookies and they are bomb! I tried to step it up a notch with these candy corn pudding cookies by combining three flavors into one. Hope you like them!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2¼ cup flour
- 1 small package of pudding (cheesecake, caramel, coconut)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a larger mixer combine butter, sugar and eggs (for 1 recipe) until smooth.
- Add flour, pudding, baking powered and salt (for 1 recipe) to the mixer and continue to mix until combined.
- Roll out half of cookie dough and save other half
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Repeat steps for all three flavors of pudding.
- Lay each flavored roll next to each other and cut about a 2 inch section (of all three flavors) roll them together into one log.
- Use a cookie scoop to place cook dough on cookie sheet. The cookies will remain in the ball shape.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
You could bake these as individual flavors and then just put them on a plate all mixed together but I thought this would make a fun dessert you could bring to a Halloween or Thanksgiving party.
I did use a little food coloring in the coconut and caramel for a more vibrant color but the color was already there if you don’t want to add any.
Be sure to check out all the other fun Halloween recipes and printables from the Cupcake Diaries – 30 Days of Halloween Series! I can’t believe this is my fourth year participating!