Black is such a classy color! I just recently finished my first piece with black paint and I have to say I just love black painted furniture. For one it is a neutral color and 2 it makes a statement without being bright and flashy!
Here are some fabulous examples of fabulous black painted furniture!
Black Painted Furniture
Looking for more painted furniture inspiration?nDon’t miss the other colors in the Color Envy – Chalk Painted Furniture by Color Series:
And if you are looking to get started painting furniture here are a few items you might want to pick up!
I thought it would be important to share some of the items I keep on hand for painting furniture. Here’s a little “shop” just for getting started! This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
- Plaster of Paris (if you are making your own chalky finish paint.
- Paint (your choosing)
- Brushes (sponge brushes or cheap paint brushes you can just throw away)
- Disposable shop towels.
- Finishing paste (regular or dark) or wax.
Do you have a piece of furniture you’ve been dying to paint but don’t know how? Are you worried it’s going to be too much work? Do you have questions about how to get started, what you will need, and if it’s even worth the work?
Your Guide to Painting Furniture will take you through the process of finding furniture, making your own chalky finish paint, and how to use paint your furniture. Plus my tips on protecting your painted furniture, basic repairs, and tips for picking out paint colors!
Latest posts by Jessica (see all)
- Laundry Room Design Ideas - May 19, 2017
- DIY Pallet Headboard for a King Size Bed - April 28, 2017
- Hanging Closet Organizer Ideas for Every Closet in the House - April 24, 2017